Vino Salida is a small artisan winery focusing on Colorado wine and mead.
Our Colorado wines are crafted in small batches from Colorado grapes and local honey.
1) Join us in the tasting parlour! We offer Complimentary Tastings w/ wine purchase; $5 per person w/o wine purchase.
2) Vintner's Reserve wines - $1 taste
1) We offer complimentary casual winery tours when you drop in for a visit; no reservations required.
2) Tour with the Winemaker - Learn about Vino Salida's history, Steve's handcrafted winemaking process, and taste the rare Vintner's Reserve wines! $25/person; includes light appetizers; Call for reservation.
3) Winemaker Barrel Tasting Tours - Our winemaker, Steve Flynn, will personally guide you through his winemaking process, including sourcing grapes and honey within Colorado, crushing, pressing, fermentation, blending, barrel aging, and bottling. Taste a variety of wines from the barrel and a flight of our rare Vintner's Reserve wines. $50/person; includes light appetizers; Call for a reservation.
All our Colorado wines are processed in small batches. We've just crushed and pressed 44 tons of grapes and crafted 500 gallons of Traditional Mead. Now, as new vino goes to barrel, it is time to taste, blend, and age our lovely handcrafted wines.
Start your Chaffee County vacation or day trip with agritourism at our Salida winery! Our Colorado winery tours and wine tastings are casual, informative, fun and complimentary.
Find out more about us
Colorado: A Beautiful State of Wine!
Colorado's abundant sunshine, warm days, cool nights, and low humidity provide the perfect conditions for wine grapes that feature the complex character and chemistry required to craft award-winning wines. The federal government has designated two regions in Colorado as American Viticultural Areas (AVA): The Grand Valley AVA, including Grand Junction and Palisade, and the West Elks AVA, surrounding Paonia and Hotchkiss. Our state's wineries are an important part of Colorado's agritourism, offering wine tastings, winery tours, vineyard tours, and wine festivals.
Destination Chaffee County!
Now this is Colorado!
Chaffee County is Colorado's Headwaters of Adventure. With endless outdoor activities including hiking, biking, kayaking, rafting, fishing, hunting, rock hounding, horseback riding, off-roading, Jeep tours, rock climbing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, skiing, hot springs, zipline tours, golfing, theatre, live music, and shopping in Historic Downtown Salida and Buena Vista. We have many restaurants to satiate your appetite when you're done playing, including local foods and farm-to-table selections.
Chaffee County is also home to some of the finest Colorado beer, wine, and spirit producers in the state. In Salida, libation destinations include Amicas Pizza & Microbrewery, Moonlight Pizza & Brewpub, Vino Salida Wine Cellars, Mountain Spirit Winery, and Wood's High Mountain Distillery. Poncha Springs is home to Elevation Brewing Co. In Buena Vista, you can visit Eddyline Pub & Brewery and Deerhammer Distilling Co.